This two/three month course has been designed specially for those people who have decided to make diving their career, or an important part of their lives as a hobby. It is intensive, detailed and rigorous – you won’t just get to lead dives! Not only will you gain superior dive leading skills, but you will also have hands on experience of all aspects of running a dive centre. This will prepare you for your Instructor Development Course (IDC), if you choose to continue in the professional world.
- Based in Pulau Tioman since 1993, we are one of the longest standing dive centres on the island. With a great reputation, due to our exceptional levels of safety and high standards.
- We are based on a stunning tropical island that offers a relaxing and friendly environment.
- Our dive sites offer stunning wildlife and scenery, whilst at the same time being perfect for learner divers due to our sheltered and shallow waters.
- We do not cut corners, and pride ourselves on delivering high quality instruction, to ensure that you, as a student diver, become a safe and competent diver.
The DiveMaster Course runs through various aspects of working for a dive centre, focusing on both in-water and out-of-water skills
- Advanced dive leading skills –
- How to give a comprehensive dive briefing
- How to manage a group of divers both underwater and on dry land
- Navigation skills
- Counselling divers on technique, passing on information to improve divers’ skills
- Marine life identification
- Safety issues
- Teaching –
- All DM trainees will work alongside our instructors to assist with many different students under training
- You will gain an insight into teaching and will have a great understanding of what makes a good Instructor and DiveMaster
- You will develop demonstration quality skills, showing each skill clearly for your student divers
- Theory –
- You will complete 9 x chapters in your DiveMaster Manual, going through different aspects of being a DiveMaster
- You will gain knowledge in 5 different areas and complete an exam in; Physics, Physiology, Equipment, Skills and the environment and Decompression Theory and the RDP
- Working within the dive centre –
- You will gain experience in all aspects of running a dive shop including; logistics, dive planning, customer care, basic equipment repair, compressor use and general dive centre maintenance to the highest standard.
- By the end of your DiveMaster Course, you will have logged well over 100 dives, which is enough to sign up for the Instructor Development Course.
- You must be minimum 18 years old
- You must hold a minimum of Rescue Diver Certification
- You must hold a certification for First Aid with CPR completed within the last 24 months
- You just need to complete a short medical questionnaire, and see your doctor before you arrive on the island, to be signed off to state that you are FIT TO DIVE – ask us for more details.
- You must have a minimum of 40 logged dives before you start your DiveMaster Course
- Our DiveMaster Course takes between 8 weeks (minimum) – 10 weeks (maximum). The longer you can stay, the more experience you will gain and the more dives you will complete.
- If you have not completed your Rescue Diver Certification, we can complete this with you before you start your DiveMaster training. The React Right and Rescue Diver courses take 4 days to complete.
The price includes everything you need for your dive experience.
- Your diving equipment if needed (BCD, Reg, Mask, Fins, Weight Belt, Wetsuit etc…)
- Your DiveMaster Pack which includes your DiveMaster manuals, DiveMaster slates and numerous additional information packs.
- All of your diving during your stay, based on the dive centre’s program for the day.
- Your certification costs will be paid to directly, upon successful completion of the course. This price includes your first year of membership.
- Your Dive Insurance – If you would like to purchase Dive Insurance, we recommend DAN Insurance (Divers Alert Network)
- Your accommodation – Ask us for some recommendations if needed
- Your food – there are numerous restaurants close to the dive centre where you can find meals for between RM10 and RM20
- Your swimmers
- A towel
- Any personal dive equipment – the items we recommend as a minimum are –
- Dive Computer
- Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)
- Mask and Snorkel
- A Rashvest and Boardshorts
- A sense of adventure and a drive to become a valuable member of TDC
- There is no set schedule for the DiveMaster Course.
- Working alongside the instructors and management at TDC, and with your personal DiveMaster Mentor, we will allow you to experience all aspects of working within a dive centre
- The working day at TDC begins at 8am, and finishes at around 5:30 – 6pm. We encourage you to open and close with all staff, to become an integral part of our team
- You must be minimum 18 yrs old to complete this program.
- We would not recommend the time saving options for this course.
- Payments should be made in full at the beginning of the course.
Contact Tioman Dive Centre today
Interested in the Dive Master Course?Enquire about this course