PADI Open Water Diver
The Open Water Course is PADI’s leading SCUBA Course. This certification is recognised world-wide and upon completion, you will be certified to dive to a maximum depth of 18metres with a ‘buddy’. You will learn how to dive, alongside your instructor, who will teach you the everything from equipment care to buoyancy control and much much more! Dive in with us and come explore our magical underwater world!
- Based in Pulau Tioman since 1993, we are one of the longest standing dive centres on the island. With a great reputation, due to our exceptional levels of safety and high standards.
- We are based on a stunning tropical island that offers a relaxing and friendly environment.
- Our dive sites offer stunning wildlife and scenery, whilst at the same time being perfect for learner divers due to our sheltered and shallow waters.
- We do not cut corners, and pride ourselves on delivering high quality instruction, to ensure that you, as a student diver, become a safe and competent diver.
- A swim test involving a 10-minute float and a 200metre swim or 300metre snorkel.
- 5 x chapters of theory, watching videos and completing short quizzes and a final exam.
- 5 x ‘confined water sessions’
- 4 x Open Water Dives to a maximum depth of 18metres.
- You must be confident in the water, and able to complete: both a 10 minute float and 200metre swim (or 300metre snorkel) without floatation devices or touching the bottom.
- You will need to complete a short medical questionnaire to ensure you are fit to dive – ask us for more details. Please Note: It is best to check that this is all OK before arriving on Tioman Island. Click HERE to view the medical questionnaire
- This is a great option for people who have never tried diving before, but want to gain a certification to dive around the world.
- The full PADI Open Water Course takes 4 full days.
- If you do not have 4 full days on the island, you could consider completing PADI’s eLearning (theory online) before arriving on the island. – see eLearning section for more details. If you complete eLearning, then the practical sessions with TDC will take 3 full days.
The price includes everything you need for your dive course:
- Your dive equipment
- Your own copy of the manual and theory sessions with TDC
- Your own TDC LogBook
- Your skills sessions in shallow water
- Your Open Water Dives
- A PADI certification card upon successful completion of the course
- Your swim suit
- A towel
- A sense of adventure
- We usually start at 9:30am on the first day and finish in the mid-afternoon on the final day of the course.
- The length of each day will depend on how comfortable you are in the water, and how well you are doing with the theory and practical sessions. Usually we aim to finish between 4:30 – 5:30pm.
- We break for lunch for about an hour each day.
- You must be minimum 10 yrs old to complete this course.
- Under 18s must have a parent of guardian sign all relevant paperwork
- If you only have 3 full days in Tioman, you may like to complete PADI’s eLearning (theory online) before arriving at TDC. See more details under the eLearning tab.
- You may like to complete a ‘referral’ by another PADI dive centre. You can start your course at a dive centre close to home, and finish the remaining portions when you come to us, here at TDC. Please Note: a PADI referral is valid for 1 year only.
- If you do not have the time for the Open Water Course, the PADI Scuba Diver Course is a great option for those with only 2 days to spare.
- Payments can be made in cash (MYR) when you are here on the island.
- If you are coming in a group of 3 or more, we require a 20% non-refundable deposit to secure your booking. You can pay via PayPal (5% extra charge), or via direct bank transfer.
Contact Tioman Dive Centre today
Interested in the PADI Open Water Course?Enquire about this course