eLearning is a great way to complete all of the theory, online, for your course, before arriving in Tioman Island. This option will save you time, and means that you will be diving straight away! eLearning can be completed for any certification course, however the most popular is for the Open Water Course, as this saves you a whole day of your holiday!
The eLearning option is more expensive than completing the full 4-day course with us, as you are paying for the theory directly . We are able to discount the price of the course slightly for you, however it will still be more expensive.
Please Note: The below information focuses on the eLearning for the Open Water Course, although it is possible for other courses.
- Based in Pulau Tioman since 1993, we are one of the longest standing dive centres on the island. With a great reputation, due to our exceptional levels of safety and high standards.
- We are based on a stunning tropical island that offers a relaxing and friendly environment.
- Our dive sites offer stunning wildlife and scenery, whilst at the same time being perfect for learner divers due to our sheltered and shallow waters.
- We do not cut corners, and pride ourselves on delivering high quality instruction, to ensure that you, as a student diver, become a safe and competent diver.
- You can complete all of the theory sessions online or offline with “eLearning” or “Touch” programs.
- The Open Water Course elearning will take you through 5 chapters of knowledge, with short quizzes throughout to help you in your understanding of the dive theory.
- You will complete the Final Exam, which completes your theory sessions.
- You will need to complete a quick review of the theory upon your arrival in Tioman.
- The eLearning can take 7 – 9 hours to complete in full, and you are able to stop and start as you like.
- The eLearning completion form (the eRecord) is valid for 1 year, so make sure you book your practical course with us soon!
- Your complete theory sessions
- Knowledge reviews, quizzes and the final exam
- You will receive a unique code, which is how we identify you for your certification, upon successful completion of the practical course with TDC.
- YES! You can complete the eLearning in a selection of languages.
- Completing the theory in your own language will help you to understand the theory thoroughly, however Please Note: that upon arrival at TDC, you will need to complete the “quick review” quiz in English as well as your dive briefings.
- If you require an instructor in a language other than English, please contact us via email to check our availability.
- You must be minimum 10 yrs old to complete this program.
- You can sign up through this link here.
- Payments are to be made directly to, when signing up for the eLearning course.
- The cost for practical sessions are then paid directly to TDC in cash (MYR) when you are here on the island. For the Open Water Course, the cost for the 3-day practical course with TDC will then be discounted to RM1,030.
- The cost of eLearning is approximately AUD$210 however please check though the link here for exact pricing – eLearning Sign Up Page
Contact Tioman Dive Centre today
Interested in the eLearning Course?Enquire about this course